How to Use Your Permit and Access Card
Your permit decal must be properly displayed in your vehicle at all times. Improperly displayed permits are the most common reason for citation.
How to Properly Display Your Permit
Option #1: Plastic Hangtag
Please affix the permit decal to the plastic hangtag and hang the tag from your rearview mirror so that the permit faces outward. The permit should be clearly visible and readable through the windshield of your car while parked on campus.
Option #2: Windshield Display
Please affix your permit decal to the inside of the front windshield on the driver’s side. While seated in the driver’s seat, locate the decal within a 5-inch square of the lower left-hand corner.
Note: Some new cars are equipped with anti-lacerative (Sucroflex) windshields which may be damaged by windshield-mounted decals. If your car is equipped with such a windshield, mounting platforms that are placed between the windshield and the decal are available upon request.
Hold your Gate Access Card up to the gray reader faceplate located at the entrance to the parking lot or structure. The gate will open automatically. DO NOT insert into Daily/Visitor ticket reader. Your Gate Access Card has lifetime usage and should be retained if you are reapplying for any future permits.
If your Gate Access Card is not working, see below:
- Are you driving up to the gate?
– The gate has sensors and will only work when a vehicle is driving up to the gate.
- Are you at your assigned parking structure/lot?
– Gate Access Cards are linked to your permit privileges and will only work if you are parking in a designated area.
- Are you attempting to cross-park before 4:30 p.m. on a weekday?
– Cross-parking privileges are effective starting at 4:30 p.m. on weekdays, and your card will not work before then. Check your Parking Permit Privileges for more information.
If you need further assistance, please contact Parking Services at (310) 206-3884.