Parking Privilege Updates & Reminders
Parking Structure 18
1BL, 2BL, 8BL, & 9BL are not valid in 18, from 7:30A.M. to 4:30P.M., Monday – Friday.
If your vehicle is registered in the State of California, the state requires two plates to be displayed, one in front and one in back of the vehicle. If you only have one plate, please park so that your license plate is visible from the drive aisle. Failure to do so may result in a citation.
"New" Accessible Parking Student Permits
- These permits are for students that have a valid DMV issued Disabled Person Placard/Plate.
- APSB – Accessible Parking Permit for Commuter students.
- APRS - Accessible Parking Permit for Dorm students.
- Enrolled students can come to the Transportation office with a copy of their DP Placard/Plate registration to purchase the quarterly permit.
"New" Clean Fuel Student Permits
- These permits are for students that have 100% electric vehicles.
- CFST – Clean Fuel Parking Permit for Commuter students
- CFRS – Clean Fuel Parking Permit for Dorm students
- In order to obtain a clean fuel permit, students must apply for parking through the student process.
- Students will need to submit a copy of their current vehicle registration. If they are not the registered owner, they must also provide proof of insurance. The insurance card must have the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and permit holder's name on it.
"New" Clean Fuel X Permit
- This permit is for X permit holders that also qualify for a Clean Fuel Permit.
- Clean Fuel X Permit - $104/month
- Only vehicles that are 100% electric will qualify for a Clean Fuel Parking Permit.
- Employees may receive a maximum of three (3) temporary permits (20 minute loading zone permits exempt) per calendar quarter (i.e., January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December).
- When an Employee forgets their permit, they can receive a temporary permit for their assigned area. Note to employee carpools: All designated members must be in the vehicle.
- Employees with yellow permits required to travel on campus for job-related business/duties can obtain a temporary permit for an alternate area. Restrictions may apply (e.g., cannot be within same proximity of employees assigned permit location)
- To receive a temporary permit you must:
- Go to a UCLA Information & Parking Booth
- Show your valid BruinCard ID or driver license
Parking Structure Name Changes
- CHS permit parking will now be Parking Structure 18.
- CHS visitor parking will now be Pay Station Area 18V.
Parking Structure 1
- 2YL, 4YL, 7YL, 8YL, 9YL and Night Permits are valid in Structure 1 (levels 5 & 6) from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. Access into PS 1 expires at 4:59 a.m.
- This one-hour extension is only for the above permit holders and is specifically intended for employees who end their shift at 7:00 a.m.
Staff "Nite" Permits
- Are valid in PS 1 on levels 5 & 6 from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., Monday through Friday. Access into PS 1 expires at 4:59 a.m.
- All Staff Night permits (NITE) are valid in Dickson Court (DC) after 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., Monday through Friday and all day weekends and on University holidays. Please note: Change includes SDNT & 13NT parking permits.
To Avoid a Citation:
- Never park without a valid permit.
- Permits are non-transferrable; never lend, give or sell your parking permit.
- Pay close attention to the expiration date indicated on your parking decal.
- Permits are not valid in Pay by Space or Pay & Display Stalls.
- Always review your parking privileges before cross parking.
- Even if your gate access card allows you access, it does not mean your parking permit is valid to park in this area.