Student Permit Exemption
Student Permit Exemption Process
UCLA has an extremely limited supply of single occupancy vehicle permits for registered students. We strongly encourage students to plan in advance how to access campus with UCLA Transportation’s commuter programs, which offer discounted public transit passes and vanpooling. For more information, contact a customer service representative through UCLA Transportation’s new Live Chat Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
If you have extenuating circumstances that you feel necessitate your need to have a car on campus, then you must apply online for a parking exemption. Exemptions must be submitted online by the parking application deadline. You must submit the required supporting documentation based on the exemption criteria.
Eligibility for Exemption
- Residence hall students with a local, verifiable, current and continuous off-campus job, paid internship, or academic need related to their major.
- Residence hall students with the extenuating circumstances listed below.
- Graduate students living in Hilgard Apartments who have been waitlisted for parking.
- Commuter students with the extenuating circumstances listed below.
- Students seeking accommodations on the basis of an accessibility need who do not have a Disabled Placard must apply for parking through the Center for Accessible Education. Exemption requests submitted as a “Special Permit Request” will not be reviewed and any included documentation will be deleted.
- Students that have a financial hardship may go to the Student in Crisis website to inquire about qualifying for a parking permit.
Exemption offers are considered on a case-by-case basis dependent upon available parking allocations in Parking Structures 3, 4, 7, Lot 11, Dykstra De Neve (DD), and Sunset Village (SV).
|Exemption Reason||Criteria||Required Documentation|
|Child Care||Applicant must be a legal parent or guardian. Child must be newborn-12 years of age, currently attending out-of-home school or day care, or have special needs.|
|Illness of Family Member||Applicant must be an eligible care provider for a spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition.||The following forms must be completed:|
|Recent Death||Applicant must have a recent death of a parent, spouse, or child within the previous or current quarter.|
|Applicant must provide original documentation of unpaid work study or internship required as part of a curriculum.|
|Hilgard Graduate Housing||Applicants must have a contract with UCLA graduate housing and applied for parking.|
Residence Hall Students Only
|Applicant must have a local, verifiable, current, continuous, and off-campus paid job or paid internship.||Must provide one of the following:|
- Log in to the Bruin ePermit Portal
- Click on "Special Permit Requests”
- Select “Dorm/Student Exempt Request”
- Specify in the “notes” section the criteria for your exemption (see above)
- Attach required documentation
Note: Parking exemption remains confidential and all supporting documentation is destroyed at the end of each quarter. Decisions regarding exemption requests will be sent via email.
Phone: (310) 794-7433
555 Westwood Plaza, Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90095