In response to UCLA's campus closure due to COVID-19, many of our services will be heavily impacted. Please check back as we will be updating this page regularly. For updates from the University, please visit UCLA’s dedicated COVID-19 website.
UCLA Transportation has enacted the following protocols for the safety of our customers in response to COVID-19.
- Most customer service interactions are being handled remotely. Any in-person transactions will be conducted by appointment only.
- In-person appointment only interactions must be brief, maintain 6 feet of distance between individuals, and not consist of groups of more than three people (no exceptions).
- A mandatory temperature check, self-reported verification of no symptoms, and face covering are required to enter the lobby.
- Clear partitions/barriers are installed at all customer service counters.
- All in-person transactions are cashless.
- Drivers are required to wear face coverings and gloves while operating the bus.
- Passengers must wear a face covering while riding BruinBus.
- Buses are operating at 50% capacity to ensure safe distancing between passengers.
- Each BruinBus is disinfected and sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed at the front and rear doors.
- Two windows will remain open on each bus to facilitate quality airflow.
BruinAccess and UCLA SafeRide*
- Drivers are required to wear face coverings and gloves while operating the vehicles.
- Vehicles are cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of every trip.
*UCLA SafeRide service is temporarily suspended.
- Hand sanitizer must be used before and after using the BruinCar key distribution box, both when picking up and returning BruinCar keys.
- Only one customer may be within 6 feet of the BruinCar key distribution box at any time.
- All occupants are required to wear face coverings when sharing a ride in a BruinCar.
- BruinCar operators should follow disinfecting protocols established by UCLA Transportation (cleaning instructions can be found in each vehicle).
- Hand sanitizer must be used before fueling and again after fueling before touching the interior of the vehicle.
- All personal belongings and trash (including gloves and face coverings) must be removed at the end of the rental. An additional labor fee will be charged to the department to clear any items left in the vehicle.
Unleaded Fueling Station
- The fuel island is stocked with hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and paper towels.
- The fuel Island sales terminal/keypad is disinfected at least once at the beginning, middle, and end of each business day.
- Fuel nozzle handles and fuel pump flow levers are disinfected at least once at the beginning, middle, and end of each business day.
- Customers should use hand sanitizer before and after interacting with the sales terminal/keypad and fuel pump.
- Face coverings are required at the fuel island.
Parking Lots and structures
- Parking enforcement employees are required to wear masks and gloves when in contact with vehicles. Gloves will be sanitized between transactions/vehicles.
- Self-Service pay stations are sanitized at least three times per day.
- Use of the ParkMobile app is highly encouraged as an alternative to using the high-touch pay stations.
Medical Center Parking
- All on-site staff are required to have their temperatures taken at the beginning of their shift. Parking valets are also required to adhere to the following:
- Wear a face covering provided by their department.
- Wash hands frequently with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow physical distancing protocols when interacting with patients, customers, guests, and colleagues.
- Wear gloves when in contact with vehicles and/or keys. Hand sanitizer is to be used on gloves between transactions/vehicles.
- All visitors to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center parking cashier are required to wear face coverings, and 6 feet of separation will be maintained between customers.
- Cash transactions have been eliminated to the greatest extent possible by encouraging the use of credit and debit cards.
Transportation Lobby: Closed to in-person transactions. Customer Service is available by phone at (310) 794-7433, email at [email protected], and Live Chat Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Citation Review and Adjudication: Closed to in-person transactions. For assistance, please email [email protected] or call (310) 825-2029 Monday through Friday (except University holidays) between 7:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Vehicle Accident Reporting: Closed to in-person transactions. Please visit our online accident report form to report a vehicle accident or our vehicle maintenance form to drop a vehicle off for servicing. To reach our Fleet Accident department, please email [email protected] or call (310) 825-2963.
Fleet & Transit Maintenance: Remains open with the following modified service hours:
- Fleet Technical Operations (light-duty maintenance) — 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Transit Technical Operations (heavy-duty maintenance) — 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
If you need to contact our Vehicle Maintenance department, please contact us at [email protected] or (310) 825-2963.
Valet parking is no longer offered at the main entrance of the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Signage and staff will direct drivers to self-parking. Valet parking is still being offered at the entrance to the Emergency Department on a limited basis.
All Medical Plaza and Jules Stein kiosks are closed until further notice. For payment, please utilize the pay-on-foot machines (cash and credit cards accepted) or exit lane columns (credit cards only).
In response to the Los Angeles County safer at home order issued on March 19, 2020, UCLA suspended all nonessential on-campus operations to help limit the spread of COVID-19. As such, UCLA Transportation temporarily waived parking permit fees for faculty, staff and students. As the City of Los Angeles and the University begin to reopen services, and a significant number of employees return to campus, UCLA Transportation has reinstated parking permit fees.
If you do not need your monthly parking permit at this time, you should log into the Bruin ePermit system and cancel your permit immediately. Please follow our step-by-step instructions on how to cancel your permit.
Complimentary 1-day and 7-day parking permits are no longer available for purchase. Discounted daily parking permits are available to those faculty and staff members who need to drive to campus occasionally. Please follow these steps to purchase a daily parking permit.
In response to COVID-19, transit services on campus and across Los Angeles County are amplifying efforts to prioritize the safety and well-being of bus passengers. Please see our transit page for more on how transit providers, including UCLA, are implementing enhanced cleaning protocols and distancing measures to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Public Transit Passes: All transit passes are currently being loaded remotely.
Riders are required to wear non-medical face coverings and must board and exit using the rear door only (no fare is required). Customers with accessibility needs may still use the front door.
Antelope Valley Transit Authority: All commuter lines are now running regular service at 50% seating capacity including Route 786. Riders must wear a face covering and board through the rear doors.
In coordination with BruinBus, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus will be providing additional service to UCLA as the U1 route has been temporarily suspended. All remaining BruinBus routes will begin service for fall on Thursday, October 1.
Lyft has launched a Health Safety Program that includes personal health certification and required face masks for drivers and riders. Uber riders are also required to wear a face covering, and must agree to sit in the back seat and open the windows for ventilation.
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, vanpool ridership continues to drop while program operating costs continue to rise, and parking revenues that fund the program fall dramatically. With infection-control guidelines further limiting the number of people vans can carry, UCLA Transportation cannot continue to operate in a financially viable manner.
For those reasons, we’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the UCLA Vanpool Program. In its place, Enterprise and other vanpool vendors will offer program participants the choice to lease vans directly through their respective operations privately.
For more information on the discontinuation of the UCLA Vanpool Program, please review the complete customer notice.
BruinAccess: Operating normally.
Campus Fueling Station: Fueling stations will remain open 24 hours a day and seven days a week. If you experience any issues with your fuel card or key fob, please utilize the online maintenance form or visit our office Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Fleet Acquisition & Disposal: Operating normally.
BruinBus Charter & Driver Services: Operating normally.