You asked and we listened! Due to popular demand, Bike Recycling Day will be returning on Thursday, May 6, to the northeast corner of the Parking Structure 8 rooftop as part of UCLA Bike Month. Members of the UCLA community with a valid BruinCard will have an opportunity to receive a used bike or bike parts for FREE.
Bike Recycling Day will look a little different this year with safety protocols in place due to the pandemic. To ensure physical distancing, participants will register for a 20 minute time slot beginning at 10:00 a.m. Each time slot will have a maximum capacity of 20 people, and participants will be required to wear a face covering and stay six feet away from each other.
Approximately 130 bikes will be available which have been repurposed from being abandoned or impounded on campus since March 2020. Owners who would like to retrieve their impounded bicycles before Bike Recycling Day must do so before April 30 by contacting Citation Review & Adjudication at (310) 825-2029 from 7:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- UCLA students and employees must complete a UCLA Symptom Monitoring Survey before arriving for their time slot.
- ONLY UCLA students, staff, and faculty with BruinCards may participate. You must display your BruinCard and ticket to claim a bike.
- Participants will be required to wear a face covering and stay six feet apart from one another.
- Only the participant will be allowed into the bike area.
- Please do not show up more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your time slot.
- Limit ONE bike (or parts that total one bike) per person.
- Bike or parts cannot be claimed for another participant.
- Some bikes may need a light tune-up and others are stripped down to the frame.
- Approximately 130 bikes or parts that equal bikes will be available.
- Participants must agree with the Terms & Agreements.
Bike technicians will be on-site to answer questions regarding your new find.