BruinAccess is a complimentary paratransit service provided by UCLA Transportation for qualified Bruins during academic weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. UCLA Transportation works in collaboration with the UCLA Center for Accessible Education (CAE) and Disability Management Services for Staff & Faculty to determine eligibility for the service. BruinAccess offers curb-to-curb rides from most points within and near campus. Seats are filled on a first-to-respond, first-served basis.
If you are a new student rider in need of permanent/temporary disability-related mobility transportation assistance, complete the CAE Request for Accommodation form and await approval to use the service. If you are an employee (staff or faculty), please send an email to [email protected] or call (310) 794-6948 to request assistance with mobility transportation.
Scheduled rides are for passengers who require BruinAccess service on a regular basis, and/or need to be transported by a vehicle equipped with a lift. Infrequent riders who do not need a lift should consider on-demand rides using the UCLA SafeRide app.
To make arrangements, email your schedule in the following format to [email protected] or call (310) 825-2963. Rides must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Subject: First Name Last Name/Schedule
- Body: Your trip requests with the time and day of the week along with pick up and drop off locations
- Plan your ride with at least one hour of buffer time to account for frequent stops and possible delays
|Pick up times||Pick up times||Pick up times||Return times|
|Westwood Village||On-Campus Housing||Campus Destinations||Departing Campus|
|7:25 a.m.||7:35 a.m.||7:50 a.m.||8:00 a.m.|
|8:20 a.m.||8:30 a.m.||8:50 a.m.||9:00 a.m.|
|9:20 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||9:50 a.m.||10:00 a.m.|
|10:20 a.m.||10:30 a.m.||10:50 a.m.||11:00 a.m.|
|11:20 a.m.||11:30 a.m.||11:50 a.m.||12:00 p.m.|
|12:20 p.m.||12:30 p.m.||12:50 p.m.||1:00 p.m.|
|1:20 p.m.||1:30 p.m.||1:50 p.m.||2:00 p.m.|
|2:20 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:50 p.m.||3:00 p.m.|
|3:20 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||3:50 p.m.||4:00 p.m.|
|4:20 p.m.||4:30 p.m.||4:50 p.m.||5:00 p.m.|
Rides are available on-demand using the UCLA SafeRide app for infrequent riders who do not need a vehicle equipped with a lift. On-demand rides provide curb-to-curb service, and are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. until further notice.
In order to book a ride using the app, please follow these steps:
- Download the UCLA SafeRide app from Google Play or the Apple Store.
- Immediately open the app and log in with your UCLA Logon ID.
- Within five business days, you will be able to request a BruinAccess on-demand ride in the app by entering your pick-up and drop-off locations.
- The app will confirm your reservation and you will be able to track when your vehicle will arrive and when it will drop you off. Rides are booked in the order in which they are received, and wait times may vary depending on demand.
If you require a vehicle equipped with a lift or are visually impaired, please reserve your ride through our office at [email protected] or (310) 825-2963 at least 24 hours in advance.
Due to the high demand for BruinAccess paratransit service, drivers will not wait more than two minutes past a scheduled pick-up time. If you are not ready at your assigned time and location, the driver may leave without you to continue their scheduled route and your missed ride will be documented as a no-show.
Canceling a Ride
Rides must be canceled at least one hour prior to the scheduled trip time to avoid being marked as a late cancellation. Late cancellations are considered no-shows.
Each verified no-show (or late cancellation) counts as one no-show. Riders will be notified via text and/or email for each no-show they accrue. It is each rider’s responsibility to manage their rides in order to remain in good standing with the program. That means being on time and at the correct pick-up location.
Riders may be suspended from the program if they do the following:
- Accumulate three or more no-shows in one calendar month
- Have accrued no-shows or late cancellations at least 10% of total trips scheduled
If a rider is found negligent within a floating 12-month period per the conditions listed above, the length of suspension will be as followed:
First offense – 7 day suspension
Second offense – 14 day suspension
Third offense – 21 day suspension
Fourth offense – 28-day suspension, maximum
Warnings, Penalties & Appeals
1. First and second no-shows or late cancellations within a calendar month: Action taken – none.
2. Third no-show or late cancellation within a calendar month: Action taken – a warning letter will be sent to the rider:
- This notification will advise the customer that UCLA Transportation is intending to suspend their riding privileges for a period of seven days.
- Riders may submit a request to appeal any no-show or late cancellation penalties within fifteen days from the date of the warning letter that they believe is incorrect or was accrued due to circumstances beyond their control.
3. If there is no response to the warning letter within fifteen days: Action taken – an Intent to Suspend Letter will be sent to the rider.
4. If there is no response to the Intent to Suspend Letter within fifteen days: Action taken – a final suspension letter will be sent to the rider.