BruinCar: Rides That Make Sense
BruinCar provides transportation options for faculty, staff, and students for official university business. Customers can rent vehicles from the internal BruinCar fleet or arrange facilitated rentals through external agencies.
If you need assistance setting up your account or with a reservation, please contact us at [email protected].
- Internal (Bruincar) Rentals
Internal (BruinCar) Rental Benefits
- 24-hour pick-up and drop-off on campus
- UC recharge billing (no out-of-pocket expense)
- Free campus parking (University vehicles only)
- Insurance included in rental rate
- Below market fuel cost
- No sales tax
For our current rental rates please check our Rates and Fees.
- External (Pending) Rentals
BruinCar works hard to try and fill every reservation request it receives. Once reservations for the BruinCar fleet have reached capacity, we work with external rental agencies to fill these requests. In addition to the fees charged by the rental agency, BruinCar assesses a markup for coordinating services and recharge billing.
Reservations made by departments using federally funded FAUs must be filled with an agency rental.
Specialty Vehicles (like heavy-duty/stakebed trucks) are no longer delivered to campus. Renters must pick up and return the vehicles off campus following instructions sent in the confirmation email. Please list the details of your request (type/size of vehicle or special features) in the Comment box of your reservation request.
Parking – Due to the implementation of the Bruin ePermit system, our external rental agencies will no longer be able to provide daily parking passes. For information on where you can purchase parking passes, please visit our Visitor Parking page or call us at (310) 794-7433.
BruinCar will not reimburse anyone for fees associated with parking the vehicle, or be responsible for any citations that may be attributed during the rental.
- BruinCar Cleaning Protocols During COVID-19
In an effort to keep our customers and employees safe and healthy during this time, please follow these important guidelines.All University vehicle operators and occupants are required to:
- Wear a face mask when traveling in a University vehicle.
- Follow disinfecting protocols established by UCLA Transportation (cleaning instructions can be found in each vehicle).
- After refueling the vehicle, please utilize the hand sanitizer provided before touching any surfaces inside.
- Please be courteous to your fellow Bruins and remove all personal belongings and debris before leaving the vehicle (including face masks, paper towels, etc.). Your actions directly impact the next driver.
- Driver Instructions: Internal (BruinCar) Rental Overview
Please refer to the BruinCar Driver Tutorial for information on the following:- Picking up a BruinCar vehicle
- Filling out a pre-trip inspection form
- Fueling your BruinCar vehicle (gasoline and electric)
- Responding if an accident occurs during your rental
- Returning your BruinCar vehicle
- Driver Instructions: External (Pending) Rental Overview
Reservation Authorizers with confirmed external (pending) reservations will receive an email with reservation details. The steps below are general guidelines for an external reservation, but you should follow the instructions in your confirmation email.
External rental agency vehicles are not picked up at or returned to the on-campus BruinCar office.
External rental agencies provide a complimentary ride from the Luskin Center turnaround to the external rental agency location for vehicle dispatch.1. On the day of your rental you should receive a text from the external rental agency to confirm your pickup.
Please make sure you are at the Luskin Center turnaround 1 hour prior to the requested dispatch time.
2. If you have been waiting longer than 15 minutes and the external rental agency staff has not arrived, please call the external rental agency number included in your confirmation email.
3. Once at the rental location the driver will be asked to provide a driver license and follow the external rental agency's rental procedure.
The rate on the rental agreement is an estimate and does not include all possible charges such as international insurance (Mexico), refueling, or the BruinCar coordination fee.
4. Head out! Have a safe trip!
If the vehicle is going to be used around campus, you are responsible for purchasing daily parking passes. For information on where you can purchase parking passes, please visit our Visitor Parking page or call Bruin Commuter Services at (310) 794-7433.
External rental agencies provide a complimentary ride to the Luskin Center turnaround from the external rental agency location once the vehicle is returned.
Refuel the rental vehicle. We suggest you refuel the vehicle prior to returning it as external rental agencies charge a much higher rate for fuel, and the charge will be subject to the BruinCar coordination fee.
Return the vehicle. Please ensure the vehicle is returned to the same external rental agency location that the vehicle was dispatched from.
If the vehicle return time is scheduled outside of the external rental agency's hours of operation, the vehicle must be returned to the external rental agency the following morning. You will be responsible for parking the vehicle overnight and paying any required parking fees. More information on parking can be found on our Visitor Parking page or call Bruin Commuter Services at (310) 794-7433.
If the vehicle is returned to a different external rental agency branch, the external rental agency may apply an additional charge to the reservation.
Please make sure you remove all personal items from the vehicle before leaving the external rental agency location.
Once the vehicle return is completed. the external rental agency will provide a complimentary ride back to the Luskin Center turnaround.
- Contact Us & Additional Information
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (310) 825-2963
555 Westwood Plaza, Suite 106
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Due to COVID-19, BruinCar has temporarily suspended its office hours. If you need on-campus assistance, please call or email and we will accommodate the request to the best of our abilities.
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday