In light of the community impacts of COVID-19, UCLA Transportation offices are closed to in-person transactions. For assistance, please call (310) 825-2029 or email [email protected].
Parking Enforcement Officers protect approximately 23,000 parking spaces for permit holders and daily parking customers. All net revenues from parking citations support UCLA's sustainable transportation programs including UCLA Vanpools and subsidized public transit passes.
For more detailed information, please refer to the complete list of UCLA Rules and Regulations.
Parking at UCLA is regulated by the California Vehicle Code and UCLA Parking Rules and Regulations. UCLA parking policies are designed to maximize service and availability to our parking customers.
To ensure a hassle-free parking experience on campus, please familiarize yourself with the following rules, policies, and regulations before parking on campus.
- The operator of the motor vehicle is responsible for compliance with all parking rules and regulations including finding a legal parking space and understanding where and when a parking permit is valid.
- The purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a space to park. Lack of space is not considered valid justification for violation of UCLA parking regulations.
- The garaging of vehicles is prohibited except for residence hall tenants with the appropriate permit in selected parking structures and lots.
- Under the authority delegated to Parking Services by the Chancellor, no individual or department other than Parking Services may grant parking privileges on campus. All parking permits issued to users of the parking system remain the property of the University.
The University reserves the right to:
- Issue citations for illegal parking as authorized by the California Vehicle Code
- Determine enforcement hours for all campus parking rules and regulations
- Impound (tow or boot) vehicles with more that five unpaid citations under California Vehicle Code Sections 22651 (I) and 22651.7
- Refuse issuance of a parking permit
- Audit information supplied by students granted parking
- Revoke student parking privileges for up to four (4) years for students who:
- Do not respond to an audit
- Do not supply sufficient documentation for an audit
- Alter or duplicate a permit
- Purchase or use another person's permit
- Change parking assignments or privileges as deemed necessary
- Restrict the use of any parking stall, area, structure, or surface lot at any time
- Temporarily or permanently relocate permit holders as needed
- Determine the mode of parking for any area at any time (e.g. self-park or stack park)
University of California Regents are not and shall not be liable under any circumstances for the loss of or damage to vehicles, or contents thereof, parked or garaged in a UCLA lot or structure by any cause whatsoever not arising directly from the negligent acts of the Regents of the University or its employees acting within the scope of their employment.
UCLA citations are issued in accordance with the California Vehicle Code, as well as UCLA Parking Rules and Regulations. All citations must be paid or appealed within 21 days of the issue date to avoid incurring additional fees and actions
It’s easy and secure.
- Visit pticket.ucla.edu
- Input your citation number or your license plate number
- Use the menu items to complete payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover cards
Pay in Person
Although we highly encourage online citation payments, you may pay in person at the Transportation Lobby.
You may use cash, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express), personal checks, money orders, or cashier’s check made payable to UC Regents. Please include the license plate and citation number on your check.
UCLA Transportation Lobby
555 Westwood Plaza Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Strathmore Building – Parking Structure 8
Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday excluding University holidays
Pay by Mail
If paying your citation by mail, you can use a personal check, money order, or cashier's check made payable to UC Regents. Please include the license plate and citation number on your check.
For your own protection, please do not send cash through the mail.
UCLA - Office of Parking Violations
P. O. Box 2094
Tustin, CA 92781-2094
The Citation Review and Adjudication office encourages those who believe they were parked within the Rules and Regulations at the time a citation was issued to submit an appeal along with supporting documentation.
There are three opportunities to appeal a citation:
- Within 21 days of the citation issue date, you may submit an online Administrative Review form.
- If you are dissatisfied with the results of the Administrative Review and have been found liable, you have 21 days to request an Administrative Hearing. The amount of the citation must be paid by your due date in order to appeal your citation at this level.
- If you are dissatisfied with the results of the Administrative Hearing, you have 30 days to file a Civil Appeal at the Los Angeles Superior Court.
For more information or check the status of an ongoing appeal visit pticket.ucla.edu.
Impounded (Towed) Vehicles
Vehicles, including motorcycles, that have been towed or immobilized (booted) will be stored and not released until all outstanding citations, towing, and storage fees including payment of a $150 administrative fee, plus a $20 storage fee per calendar day are paid. Imobilized vehicle payments are only accepted by cash, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover.
After paying all of the outstanding fees, you may obtain vehicle release by contacting Citation Review & Adjudication. Please note, vehicles can only be released to the listed registered owner of the vehicle as shown on the DMV vehicle registration.
Impounded Bicycles, Scooters, and Other Wheeled Devices
Wheeled devices, including bicycles and scooters, may be impounded if they are abandoned, parked in non-designated areas, or obstructing pedestrian areas. Impounded devices will be stored for up to 90 days and not released until all outstanding storage fees are paid. For more information on wheeled vehicle parking, please see the Rules and Regulations.
To obtain device release, contact Citation Review & Adjudication with the description and last known location.
The following materials must be presented upon release:
- Valid photo identification
- Proof of ownership of the bicycle (e.g., receipt, registration, key to lock)
- Release fee amount for e-scooters ($75)
- Release fee amount for bicycles, e-bikes, and other wheeled devices ($150)
The reason for a citation is indicated by specific California vehicle codes. Definitions of these codes appear on the back of the citation and are also listed here for your convenience. Remember to check the date and avoid additional penalties by paying your citation or properly initiating an appeal on or before the due date.
|Ticket Code (CVC)|
|21113A 6||$73||No permit Displayed|
|21113A 6A||$73||Invalid Permit|
|21113A 6F||$73||No Proof of Payment|
|21113A 10||$13||Patient Courtesy Citation|
|21113A 10B||$13||Courtesy Citation|
|21113A 10C||$8||Stein Plaza Patient Courtesy Citation|
|21113A 10D||$10||Disabled Patient Courtesy Citation|
|21113A 10E||$6||BCP Courtesy Citation|
|21113A 10F||$22||Alternate All Day Rate Courtesy Citation|
|21113A 4||$60||Yellow Curb (No Permit)|
|21113A 4A||$60||Yellow Curb Overtime|
|21113A 3||$60||White Curb|
|21113A 1||$73||Public Grounds|
|21113A 17||$83||Zipcar Parking Only|
|21113A 2||$100||Red Curb|
|21113A 2A||$100||No Stopping|
|21113A 18||$100||Oversized Vehicles|
|21113A 19A||$25||Unregistered Permit|
|21113A 19B||$177||Shared Parking Privilege Misuse|
|21113A 6B||$312||Altered Permit/Receipt/Hangtag|
|21113A 6(E)||$312||Not Returned Permit|
|21113A 6C||$312||Lost Permit|
|21113A 6D||$312||Stolen Permit|
|21113A 7||$55||Out of Marked Stall|
|21113A 9A||$400||Disabled Lic/Plac Not Displayed|
|21113A 9C||$400||Blocking Disabled Access|
|21113A 9B||$400||Blocking Disabled Stall|
|21113A 9||$595||DP Not Valid|
|21113A 9D||$895||DP Misuse|
|22502B||$73||Wrong Side of The Street|
|22502A||$73||18 Inches From The Curb|
|22500B||$73||On a Crosswalk|
|22500E||$73||Blocking a Driveway|
|22500F||$73||Parked On a Sidewalk|
|22500A||$73||Parked In An Intersection|
|22500C||$73||Parked In a Safety Zone|
|22500G||$73||Parked Near Street Construction|
|22522||$400||Blocking Crosswalk Ramp|
|22500L||$400||Blocking DP Ramp|
|22507.8B||$400||Blocking Disable Access|
|21113A 12||$312||Bus Zone No Stopping, Standing or Waiting Permitted|
|21113A 13||$100||Blocking Fire Hydrant/Lane|
|21113A14 = 5200||$25||No Front Plate|
|21113A15 = 5204||$25||Vehicle Out of Registration|
|21113A 2(B)||$83||Parking Temporary Reserved Stall|
|22651.7||$150||Vehicle Immobilization (Booting)*|
|21210, 22651(M)||$50||Bicycle Impound Fee|
|21211B||$100||Vehicle Parked in Bike Lane/Path|
All outstanding penalties and fees against the vehicle, including payment of a $150 administrative fee, plus a $20 storage fee per calendar day must be paid prior to release of the vehicle. Imobilized vehicle payments are only accepted by cash and credit card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover).