As UCLA Transportation prepares for fall operations, the health and safety of customers and employees remain a top priority. As stated in Administrative Vice Chancellor Michael Beck’s notice regarding Health Protocols for a Safer Return to Campus, UCLA is working tirelessly to facilitate a safer return for those coming and continuing to work on campus this fall.
In response to COVID-19, UCLA Transportation immediately implemented service modifications and additional cleaning protocols to help protect the campus community, including:
- Drivers are required to wear face coverings and gloves.
- All passengers must wear a face covering while riding BruinBus.
- Buses are operating at 50% capacity to ensure safe distancing between passengers.
- Buses are disinfected and sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed at the front and rear doors.
- Two windows will remain open on each bus to facilitate quality airflow.
BruinAccess and UCLA SafeRide
- Drivers are required to wear face coverings and gloves while operating vehicles.
- Vehicles are cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of every trip.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the BruinCar key distribution box.
- All occupants are required to wear face coverings when sharing a ride in a BruinCar.
- Proper cleaning instructions can be found in each vehicle.
- Vehicles are cleaned and disinfected at the completion of each reservation.
Unleaded Fueling Station
- The fuel island is stocked with hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and paper towels.
- All touchpoints are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Face coverings are required at the fuel island.
While UCLA Transportation has always had proper vehicle cleaning procedures, employees have been trained to implement more comprehensive practices that include enhanced cleaning guidance as well as social distancing measures. Vehicle usage guidelines have also been established for anyone who operates or services a University vehicle.