Payment, Recharge or Cancellation of Parking Permit
Faculty and staff members have several payment options for parking fees including automatic payroll deduction. Payment options are arranged through departmental Commute Coordinators using one of the following methods:
- Payroll deduction (monthly auto-renew permits only)
- Cash (only available when paid in person in the Transportation lobby)
- Check, money order, or cashier's check payable to "UC Regents"
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express)
- BruinCard (only available when paid in person in the Transportation lobby)
Note: Employees on pay status are not eligible to receive parking permits or daily parking that is charged to University funds. By paying for an employee's parking, the department would, in essence, be providing the individual with additional compensation. Receiving this "compensation" without reporting to the Internal Revenue Service violates Federal and State tax laws.
University employees must cancel their parking upon termination of employment with the University. A prorated refund will be issued per the published permit fee and refund schedule. Failure to cancel a parking permit gives Commute Coordinators the authority to request that the permit be canceled. Once employment has been terminated, permits are no longer valid for parking. This is true even if the parking has been paid for.
Parking permit fees are prorated from the date of issuance of the permit. Prorated refunds for quarterly permits are calculated from the date of cancellation. There are no refunds for daily permits, short-term permits (7-day and 30-day), or monthly auto-renew permits.
Transaction Fees for Special Handling
In addition to parking permit fees, a transaction charge is required for special handling. This includes but is not limited to:
- Failure to return decal or access card at the time of cancellation or transfer of permit
- Replacement of a lost or stolen decal, access card, or RideCard
- Permits requested from a UCLA department and processed by UCLA Transportation that were not utilized
A complete permit/service fee schedule is available for review or reference from departmental Commute Coordinators or by calling UCLA Transportation at (310) 794-7433.
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (310) 794-7433