FAQs for Pay-On-Exit Parking System at Medical Plaza and Stein Institute
- Do customers need to display the entry ticket on the dash board?
No, this is not necessary in areas with pay-on-exit systems.
- How will customers know how to use the equipment?
Using the self-service pay-on-exit system, patients and visitors will:
- Pull a ticket when entering either parking area
- Park and go to their appointment
- Pay-on-exit at one of the conveniently located pay stations
Vehicles remaining for multiple days are subject to the daily fee for each day parked.
Assistance is available via the intercom at exit columns by pressing the
- What about after-hours?
The pay stations are available 24 hours per day seven days per week. If a customer forgets to pay at the pay station, American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard and Visa credit card payments are also accepted at the exit column.
- How will customers know where to go?
A new wayfinding signage plan was set up throughout the Medical areas.
- How does my department provide validation if the customer left their ticket in the car?
We recommend departments with validators also purchase a small supply of Chaser Validations to issue in such cases.
- What do I do if I don’t have the correct denomination of money when I exit?
Pay stations only accept exact change, no refunds will be issued.
- Will the machine take credit or debit cards?
Yes, American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard and Visa credit cards are accepted at both the pay stations and exit kiosk.
- Will the machine take checks?
No, but the pay stations and exit columns accept American Express, Discover Card, Mastercard, and Visa credit cards.
- What do I do if I need help in any way?
Please contact Customer Service Information for options and instructions.
- What if a patient gets admitted or needs to leave their vehicle overnight, will they receive a citation?
Vehicles left overnight are not subject to citation unless parked in reserved stalls or unauthorized areas. However, the vehicle is subject to the daily parking fee for each day the vehicle is parked.
- Who can I call if I have questions?
For questions related to validations, contact Customer Service Information. For equipment and parking operations related questions, contact Parking Services at (310) 825-1386.