Student Employment Opportunities
UCLA Transportation is currently hiring students for on-campus jobs with flexible hours, a supportive team environment, and competitive pay starting at $16.00 per hour. See below to learn more and apply for our open positions.
- Commuter & Parking Services Representative, Commuter & Parking Services
Want to obtain professional administrative experience? Apply to join the Commuter & Parking Services team. Under the general direction of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team, provide a variety of excellent customer service, technical functions, and administrative support to meet the day-to-day operational needs of the department, always ensuring high quality customer service. All business units within UCLA Commuter & Parking Services (C&PS) work together to develop innovative customer services solutions and technologies to deliver a seamless customer experience.
Duties:• Provide customers, campus staff, faculty, students, patients, and visitors with personalized Customer Care service and relevant, accurate, and consistent information and options, both in person, over the phone and via email, regarding all Bruin Commuter Program’s services.
• Independently problem solve and practice active listening to determine appropriate product/service to be provided for each customer. This includes identifying, recommending, and presenting viable options and/or solutions and following up with appropriate campus departments, commute coordinators and/or internal departments if more information is needed.
• Ensure that established customer service standards are met, while working within Departmental and University procedures and policy guidelines.
• Refer unresolved problems and major issues to the appropriate area or the appropriate supervisor if necessary.
• Assist with special projects and perform functional duties by utilizing CRM systems and programs.
• Prepare clear, concise and grammatically correct correspondence for a variety of audiences.
• Perform other functions as requested or as assigned.
Qualifications:• Outgoing and positive attitude.
• Strong commitment to customer service with a professional and approachable demeanor.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively under a changing environment, with changing priorities.
• Organizational and problem-solving skills that include analyzing information, problems, and situations.
Pay Rate: $16 per hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.*
Location: Transportation Office, Information Kiosk, or Remotely.*
*Due to the Remote Work guidance from campus, work is currently only being done remotely. Once campus reopens, work locations will include the office and kiosk, and the schedule will include weekends.
- Medical Center and Assets Properties Parking Attendant, Commuter & Parking Services
Parking Attendants serve as UCLA ambassadors by providing valuable information about the Medical Center and our offsite campus properties, assisting guests, staff, faculty, and students and selling parking permits to patients and visitors. In this position, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in a dynamic environment by working effectively, under continual interruption and changing priorities, and providing guidance regarding a variety of parking permit options. As a Parking Attendant, you will be able to work outdoors/indoors and use your skills in exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving.
In this position, you will also be responsible for answering intercom calls promptly from several different carparks located throughout the medical center, greeting callers in a professional and courtesy manner, providing required information, and problem solving. Operating communication systems like telephone, intercom and two-way radio will be required. Additionally, you will ensure established customer service standards are met, while working within Departmental and University procedures and policy guidelines.
Competitive Pay Rate: $16.00/hour with promotional opportunities up to $17.00/hour
• We work with your availability as much as possible
• The possibility of up to 32 hours a week (based on events)
Qualifications:• Ability to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays (preferred)
• Must be a current and registered UCLA student
- Valet Attendant, Commuter & Parking Services
Love driving cars? Fast on your feet? Apply to become part of a team of UCLA ambassadors as a Valet Attendant at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. We are seeking students to support the arrival and departure of vehicles by greeting visitors and guests, receiving and inspecting customer vehicles, notating damage, issuing valet permits, utilizing designated arrival and departure statements/greetings, driving vehicles to the parking spot, and developing expertise in various parking technologies. Additionally, as a UCLA ambassador, students will provide valuable information about the Medical Center and our offsite campus properties, assist guests, staff, faculty, and students and sell parking permits to patients and visitors. In this position, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in a dynamic environment by working effectively, under continual interruption and changing priorities.
Competitive Pay Rate: $16.50/hour
• We work with your availability as much as possible
• The possibility of up to 20 hours a week
• Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug test, and driving test
• Possess and maintain a current California driver’s license and have a good driving record (subject to DMV pull notice)
• Ability to recognize the importance of dealing diplomatically with the public and the importance of a good public appearance
• Must be detailed oriented
• Ability to work effectively under continual interruption and changing priorities
• Skilled in writing grammatically correct documents and synopses
• Can proficiently speak the English language
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time (up to eight hours at a time)
• Required qualification: Ability to drive an automatic transmission
• Preferred qualification: Ability to drive a standard transmission
• Ability to work any shift, 7 days per week, 365 days per year, including all holidays
- Student Operations Team (OT), Parking Assets
Assist with the day-to-day parking operations and preparedness of the University for current and upcoming events, respond to campus alerts and requests regarding parking equipment (i.e. maintenance of campus Pay Stations). Additionally, the Operations Team will assist with researching and establishing new parking management systems and also daily responsibilities which include seeing to the upkeep of all vehicles and equipment, as well as maintaining files and documents for the office. The Operations Team is also in charge of conducting daily space counts of all parking structures on campus. This includes the deployment of signage once a structure is full along with overflow signage to direct to the next available structure. The Operations Team will also play an integral role in traffic control and direction during some of the major campus events (Commencement, Dorm Move In, Dorm Move Out, UCLA Basketball Games, etc.). This includes maintaining and deploying signage, as well as traffic mitigation, for events. The Operations Team is responsible for the conservation and distribution of emergency control supplies such as barricades, cones, delineators, k-rails, narrowcades, etc.
The Operations Team also assists with the impounding of e-scooters and e-bikes on the UCLA campus that are blocking disabled accessible parking stalls, stairways and walkways. Also, with the impounding of non-vendor e-scooters and e-bikes that are located on the UCLA campus.
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour with promotional opportunities up to $17.00/hour
Schedule: 22 hours per week, on average
• Ability to work mornings, nights, weekends, holidays (preferred) and UCLA Campus Events (Commencement, Dorm Move In, Dorm Move Out, UCLA Basketball Games, etc.)
• Ability to safely lift upwards to 60 lbs.
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Works well under pressure with developing situations on campus
• Independently prioritizes assigned job duties to meet division and campus deadlines and performs duties following established departmental guidelines and University policies and procedures
• Exercise independent judgment to troubleshoot and resolve issues which crosscut the organization and/or could negatively impact the ability of the organization to function effectively
• Inform the Parking Assets Supervisors of urgent or evolving issues requiring an immediate or timely response or that may require involvement by a higher authority
• Possess valid Driver License
• Ability to walk and stand unaided for long periods of time
• Must be a current and registered UCLA student
- Paratransit Van Operator, Fleet & Transit
Paratransit Van Operators will drive the BruinAccess/SafeRide Paratransit Vans, designed to carry students, faculty, and staff, to include those with permanent and temporary mobility impairments, needing assistance getting to and from campus locations and adjacent residential areas on scheduled routes.
In keeping with the requirements of Federal, State, and University Policy, the Center for Accessible Education and Events & Transportation provides on-campus, wheelchair lift equipped paratransit transportation assistance for academic programs and activities for students, faculty and staff.
The distinguished characteristics of the paratransit van are electronic manifests, 7 & 10 passenger & 1-wheelchair seating capacity, vehicle extended height clearance of 9 feet & 5 inches, vehicle emergency equipment (i.e. triangles, fire extinguisher, first aid kit), and a Braun Hydraulic Wheelchair Lift.
In this position you will have the opportunity work outdoors and gain experience in a dynamic environment by providing a vital mode of paratransit transportation to the UCLA campus in a safe and customer oriented manner.
• Familiarity with campus and adjacent areas to ensure the most effective routes for pick-up and drop off destinations
• Ability to read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations in addition to knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
• Monitor and adhere to the driver’s manifest and two-way radio communication etiquette
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• Possess and maintain a current California Class C driver license with no license restrictions other than corrective lenses and maintain a good driving record. (Operator will be entered into the California Pull Notice Program to monitor current driver record)
• Ability to obtain California Class B driver license with passenger and air-brake endorsement (UCLA Transportation will cover costs and provide training for license requirements)
• Knowledge of operation and safe driving practices assigned to this vehicle including operation of the wheelchair lift apparatus
• Responsible for vehicle safety pre-trip inspections, cleaning, and maintaining of the van
• Attend scheduled department meetings
• $17-$20/hour with Class B license
• Priority registration for classes
Flexible Schedule: We work with your availability as much as possible, though some shifts on peak days could be mandatory. Work hours are anywhere between 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Saturday/Sunday. Please note that you are required to work a minimum of 8 hours/week to stay on the priority enrollment list.
- IT Helpdesk Specialist
UCLA Events & Transportation has a part-time employment opportunity for two UCLA students to join the Information Technology (IT) helpdesk group. These IT specialists will work with IT staff to provide technical support to business users in the department. The appointment will be for up to six months. During this summer the specialists will work remotely and in the office. After the return to campus in the fall the work will be on-site only.
• Assist users with installing and using business applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Zoom and others
• Troubleshoot issues related to workstations (PC and Mac) as well as smartphones (Android and iOS)
• Deploy, maintain and support desktop computers, printers, and related equipment
• Maintain workstations, software, printers and other IT assets
• Assist IT staff with repairing laptops, desktops and printers
• Move IT equipment and keep helpdesk area organized
• Perform user application support, hardware inventory, documentation, and related tasks
• Provide hardware, software, and some network technical support over the phone and in person to Events & Transportation Services users that contact IT Help Desk
• Other duties as assigned
• Current UCLA student
• Must have basic computer skills
• Familiarity with troubleshooting technology issues
• Strong PC hardware, software, and network troubleshooting skills preferred
• Skills to resolve and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows 7/10 Operating System
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Publisher.)
• Experience in removal of virus and malicious software
• Customer service skills
• STEM majors preferred
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Must be fully vaccinated
Pay Rate: $18/hour