Student Employment Opportunities
UCLA Transportation is currently hiring students for on-campus jobs with flexible hours, a supportive team environment, and competitive pay starting at $16.00 per hour. See below to learn more and apply for our open positions.
Please note that the following positions are not hiring at this time:
• Asset Operations Team Member, Parking Assets
• Valet Attendant, Commuter & Parking Services
- Commuter & Parking Services Representative, Commuter & Parking Services
Want to obtain professional administrative experience? Apply to join the Commuter & Parking Services team. Under the general direction of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team, provide a variety of excellent customer service, technical functions, and administrative support to meet the day-to-day operational needs of the department, always ensuring high quality customer service. All business units within UCLA Commuter & Parking Services (C&PS) work together to develop innovative customer services solutions and technologies to deliver a seamless customer experience.
Duties:• Provide customers, campus staff, faculty, students, patients, and visitors with personalized Customer Care service and relevant, accurate, and consistent information and options, both in person, over the phone and via email, regarding all Bruin Commuter Program’s services.
• Independently problem solve and practice active listening to determine appropriate product/service to be provided for each customer. This includes identifying, recommending, and presenting viable options and/or solutions and following up with appropriate campus departments, commute coordinators and/or internal departments if more information is needed.
• Ensure that established customer service standards are met, while working within Departmental and University procedures and policy guidelines.
• Refer unresolved problems and major issues to the appropriate area or the appropriate supervisor if necessary.
• Assist with special projects and perform functional duties by utilizing CRM systems and programs.
• Prepare clear, concise and grammatically correct correspondence for a variety of audiences.
• Perform other functions as requested or as assigned.
Qualifications:• Outgoing and positive attitude.
• Strong commitment to customer service with a professional and approachable demeanor.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively under a changing environment, with changing priorities.
• Organizational and problem-solving skills that include analyzing information, problems, and situations.
Pay Rate: $16 per hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. -5:00 p.m.*
Location: Transportation Office, Information Kiosk, or Remotely.*
*Due to the Remote Work guidance from campus, work is currently only being done remotely. Once campus reopens, work locations will include the office and kiosk, and the schedule will include weekends.
- Medical Center and Assets Properties Parking Attendant, Commuter & Parking Services
Parking Attendants serve as UCLA ambassadors by providing valuable information about the Medical Center and our offsite campus properties, assisting guests, staff, faculty, and students and selling parking permits to patients and visitors. In this position, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in a dynamic environment by working effectively, under continual interruption and changing priorities, and providing guidance regarding a variety of parking permit options. As a Parking Attendant, you will be able to work outdoors/indoors and use your skills in exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving.
In this position, you will also be responsible for answering intercom calls promptly from several different carparks located throughout the medical center, greeting callers in a professional and courtesy manner, providing required information, and problem solving. Operating communication systems like telephone, intercom and two-way radio will be required. Additionally, you will ensure established customer service standards are met, while working within Departmental and University procedures and policy guidelines.
Competitive Pay Rate: $16.00/hour with promotional opportunities up to $17.00/hour
• We work with your availability as much as possible
• The possibility of up to 32 hours a week (based on events)
Qualifications:• Ability to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays (preferred)
• Must be a current and registered UCLA student
- Automotive Attendant, Fleet & Transit
Love driving cars? Eager to be a part of the transportation team that keeps UCLA moving? Apply to become an Automotive Attendant and provide excellent customer service to our campus customers who use University vehicles in support of academic, community outreach, and various service units. We are seeking students to provide vehicle support services including but not limited to inspecting, retrieving, washing and vacuuming campus vehicles. Provide exceptional service to customers with fueling and other service needs, including BruinCar dispatch. Assist with the coordination of off-site vehicle washing and the delivery and pick-up of vehicles for off-site repairs. Pick up of vehicle parts is occasionally required. This position is responsible for maintaining the clean and professional appearance of the fleet yard and vehicle storage area. The Automotive Attendant will be working in various weather conditions and work times.
Competitive Pay Rate: $16.50/hour
• We work with your availability as much as possible, though some shifts on peaks day may be mandatory
• Peak hours are Monday and Tuesday mornings as well as Wednesday through Friday during the afternoon
• Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug test, and driving test
• Possess and maintain a current California driver’s license and have a good driving record (subject to DMV pull notice)
• Can proficiently speak/write the English language
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to follow directions closely and complete tasks in a timely manner
• Must be able to drive a variety of vehicle types within the confines of a heavily trafficked area
• Ability to fuel vehicles with varying types of fuel sources
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs., stand, climb, stoop, push, pull, and crouch for extended periods of time
• Required qualification: Ability to drive an automatic transmission
• Preferred qualification: Ability to drive a standard transmission
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
- Paratransit Van Operator, Fleet & Transit
Paratransit Van Operators will drive the BruinAccess Paratransit Vans, designed to carry students, faculty, and staff with permanent and temporary mobility impairments who need assistance getting to and from campus locations and adjacent residential areas on scheduled routes.
In keeping with the requirements of Federal, State, and University Policy, the Center for Accessible Education and Events & Transportation provides on-campus, wheelchair lift-equipped paratransit transportation assistance for academic programs and activities for students, faculty, and staff.
The distinguished characteristics of the paratransit van are electronic manifests, 7-passenger & 1-wheelchair seating capacity, vehicle extended height clearance of 9 feet, 5 inches, vehicle emergency equipment (i.e. triangles, fire extinguisher, first aid kit), and a Braun Hydraulic Wheelchair Lift.
In this position you will have the opportunity work outdoors and gain experience in a dynamic environment by providing a vital mode of paratransit transportation to the UCLA campus in a safe and customer-oriented manner.
Competitive Pay Rate:
• Priority registration for classes
Flexible Schedule: We work with your availability as much as possible, though some shifts on peak days could be mandatory. Work hours are anywhere between 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that you are required to work a minimum of 8 hours/week in order to stay on the priority enrollment list.
• Familiarity with campus and adjacent areas to ensure the most effective routes for pick-up and drop off destinations
• Ability to read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations in addition to knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
• Monitor and adhere to the driver’s manifest and two-way radio communication etiquette
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• Possess and maintain a current California Class C driver license with no license restrictions other than corrective lenses and maintain a good driving record. (Operator will be entered into the California Pull Notice Program to monitor current driver record)
• Knowledge of operation and safe driving practices assigned to this vehicle including operation of the wheelchair lift apparatus
• Responsible for vehicle safety pre-trip inspections, cleaning, and maintaining of the van
• Attend scheduled department meetings
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and hours of availability to [email protected] with “Paratransit Van Operator” in the subject line.