UCLA x Lyft
Lyft is now a contracted ride-hailing provider for UCLA. This enables schools and departments to work with Lyft to set up transportation programs that support your university travel needs.
Examples of how departments can utilize Lyft for official business:
- Business travel direct billing
- Campus visitor transportation
- Patient or healthcare transportation to support research
- Transportation for off-campus activities and site visits for student organizations
- Event transportation
- Program Options
- Lyft Pass: An automated way to move your people.
• Fully or partially cover the cost of rides for eligible riders with a custom Lyft Pass program
• Add date, time, location, and ride type restrictions
• Share Pass with riders via text, email, or Lyft promo code
• Potential use cases: Shuttle augmentation, late night transportation, student airport rides, student volunteer transportation, campus visitor transportation, multimodal integration with Lyft bikes and scooters
Auto Pay: Allows faculty and staff to directly bill rides to a corporate account.
• Hassle-free expensing (integrates with Concur, Expensify)
• A simple way for faculty and staff to separate business related rides from personal rides
• Potential use cases: Faculty and staff business travel; eliminates traditional expensing process and offers discounted rates on Lyft Rentals plus Hilton Honors, Delta SkyMiles, and Chase perks
Concierge: Web-based portal for booking trips on a rider’s behalf.
• Enables you to request rides for people who don't have the Lyft app
• A user-friendly booking interface compatible with any internet-enabled device.
• Potential use cases: Emergency ride home dispatch, rides to/from campus health center, research program participant travel, student volunteer transportation, class/group excursion/travel, dispatch rides for on-campus visitors
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for an account or get more information?
• To get additional information on account setup or Lyft product information please fill out this inquiry form.
How are these rides billed?
• Rides are billed by Lyft via monthly invoice, and you can pay via ACH, check, or card.
Do we get discounts on Lyft or free rides?
• No, you will not receive free rides or discounted rates when you create a Lyft program.
- Lyft’s Health Safety Program
In response to COVID-19, Lyft launched a Health Safety Program, which includes:
• Personal health certification for drivers and riders
• Required face masks for drivers and riders
• Health safety education for drivers and riders
• Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
You can read more about the program on the Lyft website.
- Tips For Riding Smart with Lyft
- • Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
• Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time.
• Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
• Ask the driver to say who they are picking up.
• Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft.
- How to Get Started
For additional information or to enroll your department in a Lyft Program, please submit a program inquiry or contact [email protected]. The UCLA x Lyft partnership team will reach out to discuss your transportation needs, provide training and program management resources, and work with you to set up your program.