Due to the campus impacts caused by COVID-19, Earn-A-Bike orientations have been postponed until further notice.
The Earn-A-Bike Program
The Earn-A-Bike program is designed to get eligible employees and graduate students to ride a bicycle to campus as a sustainable, economical, and healthy alternative to driving alone. The program will help support numerous UCLA initiatives and goals such as the Climate Action Plan, Sustainable Transportation Plan, and Healthy Campus Initiative’s goal to make UCLA the “healthiest campus in America."
Please Note: Participants of the program must complete a mandatory orientation online and cancel or forfeit the right to a parking permit for two years.
Earn-A-Bike provides qualified participants with the opportunity to trade in their parking permit for a free $450 bicycle package from Helen's Cycles in Santa Monica, La Brea Bike Works, or The Bike Center. Each package includes a bike as well as a light, lock set, helmet, and Bruin Commuter Club (BCC) welcome kit.
Participants will be given the option to choose between the following bikes:
|helen's cycles in Santa Monica||la brea bike works||The Bike Center|
|Trek 820 2020 (Mountain Bike)|
- Must have a minimum appointment time of 43.75% or more
- Must have held a parking permit for three consecutive months prior to participation
- Night and Weekend permit holders are ineligible
- Non-faculty new hires in their 6-month probationary period are ineligible
- New tenured-track faculty members must have a minimum appointment time of two years (do not have to be a parking permit holder)
Must not receive benefits or subsidies from any other alternative mode of transportation
UCLA Graduate Students:
- Incoming graduate students must be enrolled in a 2-year program or more
- Current graduate students must have at least two years remaining in their academic program and must have held a parking permit for three consecutive months prior to participation
- Graduate students living in the 90024 zip code are eligible except those living in Weyburn Terrace
- Night, Weekend, and Residence Hall permit holders are ineligible
- Must not receive benefits or subsidies from any other alternative mode of transportation