EZ Transit Pass

The EZ transit pass is the easy choice for convenience and savings if you regularly ride on two or more transit agencies like LADOT Commuter Express and Metro Bus. The EZ transit pass is a monthly pass good for local travel on 24 different public transit carriers throughout the Greater Los Angeles region. 

Buy or Renew Pass

Local (Zone 0) Cost*Zone 1 Cost*
Students $73, Employees $85Students $81, Employees $96

*This represents a parital subsidy paid for you by UCLA Transportation. UCLA subsidizes Zone 0 and Zone 1 passes only.

EZ transit pass fares are determined by the zone assigned to an individual bus or rail segment. In general, longer segments require passengers to purchase passes/fares for higher zones. UCLA subsidizes Zone 0 and Zone 1 passes, only.

  • Local/Zone 0 is the base pass and is generally good for local bus trips for all 24 agencies. This includes all Culver CityBus, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (except Rapid 10), Metro (except Silver Line) and LADOT DASH routes.
  • Zone 1 pass is valid for the above trips, plus any route designated as a “Zone 1” trip, which includes BBB Rapid 10 and all direct LADOT Commuter Express routes to UCLA.

If you travel on routes that require a higher zone, you can purchase a subsidized Zone 1 pass, and pay reduced fare for each trip segment not covered by the Zone 1 pass. If you are unsure of the zone assigned to a particular bus or rail segment, contact your transit operator to verify which zone is needed for your trip.

All EZ transit passes are sold on plastic TAP cards. Each card comes loaded with an electronic EZ transit pass and an EZ transit pass zone stamp affixed on the card. You can tap your card on systems that take TAP or simply show your TAP card with zone stamp to the operator on all other transit systems where EZ is accepted.


Students are eligible if they are currently enrolled for the academic quarter, as verified by the UCLA Registrar's Office. Faculty and Staff are eligible if they work on the UCLA campus and are employed 43.75% or more time. You must have a valid UCLA BruinCard before you can apply. You can purchase an EZ transit pass even if you already have a BruinGO! pass or an individual UCLA parking permit (UCLA Carpool Permit holders are not eligible). UCLA vanpool participants are not eligible for the discounted EZ transit pass.

Rider Notes

  • Passes for each month go on sale at the Central Ticket Office (CTO) beginning the 25th of the preceding month, unless that day falls on a weekend or holiday; in which case passes would go on sale the next business day.
  • Faculty & staff can purchase an EZ transit pass via payroll deduction. Inquire at CTO for details.

Pass protection allows you to replace your pass in the event that your TAP card is lost or stolen. In order to be eligible for pass protection, you will need to register your card by calling 1-866-TAPTOGO or by visiting http://taptogo.net. If you do not register your TAP card, you will lose all passes loaded on that card if it is lost or stolen.

Transit agencies that accept EZ Pass