UCLA Transportation supports the campus community by providing for safe and efficient access and mobility in an environmentally responsible manner.
To provide world-class services that support a vibrant, diverse campus community.
Customers are at the center of every service we provide and every decision we make. We are committed to being reliable and accountable to our customers.
UCLA Transportation serves UCLA, designated as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters, by providing sustainable transportation programs, commute options, and parking services such as:
- Subsidizing bus passes for seven public transit agencies
- Having commuter benefits for bicycling and walking
- Managing approximately 23,000 parking spaces and all campus traffic systems
- Providing campus parking enforcement and citations
- Operating the complimentary BruinBus campus shuttle service
- Overseeing a fleet of 1000+ vehicles, of which 62% are alternative fueled
Facts, Plans & Reports
The UCLA Active Transportation Plan provides a framework to improve campus livability and safety by detailing policy and infrastructure initiatives that increase walking, biking, and other active forms of transportation.
UCLA Transportation produces an annual State of the Commute report highlighting the University's efforts to maintain sustainable transportation programs, analyze recent commute trends, and highlight notable achievements such as reducing the UCLA employee drive-alone rate to under 50%.
UCLA Transportation aims to reduce fleet greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by targeting vehicle type, vehicle fuel, and vehicle miles traveled. The campus operates a centralized fleet management system allowing it to aggressively pursue the turnover of Fleet inventory towards zero emissions vehicles (ZEVs), partial zero emissions vehicles (PZEVs), advanced technology partial zero emissions vehicles (ATPZEVs), and other alternative fueled vehicles (AFVs) that use biodiesel, compressed natural gas (CNG), and/or ethanol.
From Attainable to Sustainable
UCLA Transportation’s Sustainable Transportation Plan operationalizes and extends the campus’ Climate Action Plan’s focus on reducing mobile source greenhouse gas emissions and improving campus livability. The Plan’s goal of providing a balance of fiscal, environmental, and social/customer sustainability is coordinated with an understanding of the campus community and campus visitors’ mobility needs. The Sustainable Transportation Plan sets the strategic course for UCLA Transportation from 2019 through 2026, covering the period from the present to when the Purple Line subway extension reaches Westwood.
UCLA Transportation provides programs and information to UCLA students and employees regarding sustainable commute options, parking services, fleet services, and transit operations. We offer extensive commuter information and benefits for joining public transit, bike, and walk programs through the Bruin Commuter Club. Our parking services carefully manage and maximize our parking facilities with an inventory of approximately 23,000 parking spaces. We provide total fleet management services for over 1,000 University-owned general purpose and specialty vehicles, including more than 250 fully equipped all-electric vehicles. BruinBus provides mobility and reliable transportation to support the UCLA campus community, with 14 Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) transit buses transporting over 1.2 million passengers annually.
Awards & Recognition
- International Parking & Mobility Institute Organization of the Year 2021
- NAFA Fleet Management Association No. 1 University Fleet in the Nation 2021
- Fleet Solutions Magazine March/April 2021 cover story
- NAFA Fleet Management Association Green Fleet Award 2020
- National Parking Association Innovative Organization of the Year 2019
- League of American Bicyclists Gold Bicycle Friendly University 2019-2023
- Parking & Mobility Magazine August 2019 cover story
- Best Workplaces for Commuters designation
- Accredited Parking Organization (APO) with Distinction designation
- International Parking & Mobility Institute Best of 2019 Marketing Award
- CHESC Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Best Practice Award 2019
- ACT Commuting Options in Public Transit Award 2018
- Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Award 2014
- Metro Rideshare Diamond Awards
- 2014 Outstanding Overall Rideshare Program
- 2012 Outstanding Marketing Program
- 2011 Corporate Diamond Award
- 2009 Innovative Rideshare Program
- Communicator Awards
- 2013 UCLA Be a Smarter Commuter video (Silver)
- 2013 UCLA Bike to Campus Week (Gold)