UCLA transit pass holders have always enjoyed the ease of riding the bus with just the tap of a card. Starting July 1, those without a pass can experience the same convenience by paying discounted fare on a TAP card!
The co-pay option allows UCLA students and employees who aren't regular transit riders to ride at a subsidized rate on Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver CityBus. Here's how to take advantage of the discount:
- Purchase the co-pay online for $2.00
- If purchasing a new UCLA TAP card, select whether you would like to pick up your TAP card or have it mailed to you
- If you have an existing UCLA TAP card, the co-pay will be ready for use within four business days. To begin using it immediately, bring your TAP card to the UCLA Transportation lobby or the Central Ticket Office (CTO)
- Load funds to your card at CTO, a TAP vendor location, or by calling 1-866-TAPTOGO (1-866-827-8646)
- TAP your card when you board and ride for $0.70
Keep in mind that funds loaded by phone will take 2-3 business days to be available, and funds cannot be loaded online at this time. Also riders without a TAP card can pay a discounted fare of $0.80 after swiping their BruinCard (on BBB) or showing their card to the driver (on CCB).
More frequent riders should consider a BruinGO! Flash Pass good for unlimited rides on Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver CityBus. Eligible students and employees can even try it free for a quarter with the Bruin Commuter Transit Benefit!
For more information about the new transit co-pay rates, please click here.